Should you want to participate in cars racing events, you will need the necessary national or international license. Just choose the license that you need (see below) and we will provide you with a bespoke program to reach your goal. On each of your D2P Track day, you can either drive ‘just’ for fun or enroll in the D2P Academy – the latter means that our professional instructors will follow you much more closely.
Through this unique program, you can be trained in order to be able to get the following Belgian national or international pilot licenses:
|D2P Academy Levels
||Estimated number of days to next level
- First track day, true beginner, no previous track or racing experience.
- Learning of all the behaviors to apply on track;
- Discovery and practice of the hand-eye coordination;
- Introduction to flags and rules;
- Communication on track;
- Traffic management on a track-day;
- Understanding Oversteer and Understeer;
- Basic racing lines;
- Theory on tire pressure optimization;
- Steering wheel manipulation;
- Test of track time consistency – 3 laps.
- Racing line development;
- Why do we use them? What are the links between physics rules and handling?
- Circuit Driving in the Rain (theory and practice if weather allows);
- How to Trail Brake & Manipulate Weight Transfer
- Introduction to the different braking techniques;
- Introduction to autonomy and self-critical judgment;
- Introduction to grip (contact patch, combining lateral and longitudinal forces,…);
- Test of track time consistency – 5 laps;
- Theoretical test on racing flags and rules (a grade of 14/20 is necessary to be allowed to go to the next level):
- Able to apply for a racing license for a « club series » (National 2cv) by an official FIA-approved authority.
- Deepening skills and techniques of level 2;
- Braking optimization, research of performance;
- Lines optimization;
- Introduction to data review (speed, braking points);
- Developing autonomy and self-critical judgment;
- Working on entry, mid-corner and exit cornering speed;
- Test of track time consistency – 10 laps;
- Adapting the driving to the weather and track conditions (rain, mixed, cold,…);
- Able to apply for an International D3 racing license (Fun Cup , BGDC<2L) by an official FIA-approved authority;
- Theoretical test on racing flags and rules (a grade of 16/20 is necessary to be allowed to go to the next level).
- Deepening skills and techniques of level 3;
- Quick lap times during longer sessions;
- Decision-making, traffic management during the race, moves, overtaking techniques;
- Practice of data review (speed, braking points);
- Introduction to slick tires driving (additional cost applies);
- Follow-to-follow test, stress management;
- Driver changes optimization (endurance driver).
- Able to apply for an International D2/National C Circuit, International H Circuit (BGDC , Belcar, TCR Benelux, Fun Cup, BMW M235i Racing Cup).
- Slick tires optimum use during the qualifying session (lap 2-3) – additional cost applies;
- Slick tires optimum use during the race (sprint and endurance driver) – additional cost applies;
- Complete utilization of the data (speed, braking points, steering input, braking forces, deltas, g-forces,…);
- Fuel management during endurance races;
- Optimum braking (delta 10-15m max. to pro driver);
- Able to apply for a racing license for a « pro or FIA races » (Ferrari Challenge, Porsche Cup, Lamborghini Supertrofeo, Blancpain Endurance & Sprint Series,…) by an official FIA-approved authority.